RSS

Fashion Models Carrer

The model who describes fashion as being in the most 'comfortable state' also believes that fashion is not about going over the top. Preeti Dhata is one lass who maintains a style statement that is edgy but yet colourful. Like any other bubbly girl, she also loves to go for movies, read books and indulges in gossip every now and then! Arguably the next big thing in the world of modelling, she gets candid in conversation with Stylekandy.com. 
Your early days. It all started with a metro ride, I was travelling by the metro and met a photographer who told me that I could make a career in modelling. I took it as a joke but I think that incident triggered it all. Best thing about being a model? Without any doubts, it has to be the travelling! It's a lot of fun hanging out with other models in a different city. In addition to that, we are in a field of fashion which is ever changing so I never bored.

Your style statement….Edgy yet colourful, I like short sweet dresses. But at the same time I have a good collection of various kinds of pants that I like to team up with funky shirts and gladiators or heels in footwear. I like things that are not too bizarre, but they should not be too boring also… Your fitness regime…Like many models, I'm not that blessed with a perfect figure, so I do have to maintain a lot. In order to stay in shape, I always try to follow a good and nutritious diet, and hit the gym 2-3 times a week.

Your beauty secret…I think using good skin products that suits your skin type and a good diet is every model´s beauty secret and mine is no different. What appeals to you more – walking the ramp or posing for print ads? They both are very different from each other but I like print, it gains more points because these days the shoots are not simple, they are very creative, thematic and challenging.

Do you agree that models are used as a hanger? This holds true only if models choose to be used as hangers. In my case, I don't think I am used as a mere hanger. Do you think that the Indian modelling industry has grown from past few years? The credit goes to whom? Fashion fraternity has really worked hard in bringing the industry to the position where it is now. Our designers have shown in Paris Fashion Week recently and have brought Indian fashion to international limelight. 
I think they are the major contributors to the immense growth that our industry has witnessed. Carrying the right look or the right attitude – Choose. I will go for both. It's like you cannot survive, if you lack either of them. It is most important to have an attitude that sets you apart from any other good looking face. Your favourite designer…Internationally, I love Karl Lager feld, Marc Jacobs… there are too many. Among the Indian designers.
I like Gaurav Gupta, Rohit Bal, Tarun Tahiliani, Savio Jon…it's so hard to name just one. Your take on foreign models getting preferences in the Indian fashion weeks? Ah…I would say it totally depends on the look of the season. If designers feel that foreign models will fit into their theme, then it's totally their decision. Yeah…but I would like it if we get to see more Indian faces on ramp.

How do you cope with all the pressure and competition? I just do my work, focus on it rather than thinking about the competition. Tell us something, which most people don't know about? I have a secret crush on Milind Soman! (well, don't all girls do?) What next for you after modeling? Don't know yet, still have not thought about it. But I'm sure that it will not be something boring for me.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment